|new line installed with extra protective shielding|
Next up the gascolater panel was removed and sure enough there was evidence of fluid. Mostly sticky so it was a slow leak but it must be investigated. Going topside on the copilot side the brake line has a tube that passes through the firewall. The next section of tube was the culprit, it had a few pinhole leaks, very tiny. The line went from the master to feed the hand brake and a manifold type of part that the other lines fed from. Very cramped and hard to get to. Keith removed the old part and fabricated the replacement. We filled the system from each main landing gear until the master fluid level was correct.
08Romeo was ready for her run up/leak test. I called clear prop and got her started. Once the fresh oil came up to temp I did my typical run up. I didn't see Keith give the cut the motor signal so I knew things were looking good. Once shut down and inspected there was no oil drip and no brake fluid behind the toe brakes and the master level was the same.
I drove to N57 and swapped text messages with Bob C. Bob offered to shuttle me back to Cecil Aero to pick up my plane. This worked out great, I parked the SUV at the hangar and road right seat with Bob back to 58M. Cessna 09Lima purred along, a noticeable difference from my Lycoming, the Continental is quieter and smoother. Thanks Bob for the rescue flight!