Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Audio Panel Update

I have been searching for a slide in replacement audio panel for my PMA 8000B. The 800B has worked flawlessly, but I really want Bluetooth.  Currently I have been using a portable Bluetooth that I plug into the port pictured top right on the 8000B. The main problem is I have to charge it and sometimes I forget to bring it home with me. I could plug it into a battery brick while I'm at the hangar but that gets to be a pain. So, with all the above stated I began my search. I could not believe how hard it was to find an 8000BT unit. 
It was all about the right place at the right time. I had posted a wanted to buy ad on most of the forums and had one potential unit lined up. I was contacted by a friend and fellow pilot about a unit just listed on Beech Talk so I immediately responded to the BT post and although not the first in line, I was first with the money. Done deal!

FEATURES

  • IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones

  • 6 - Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™

  • Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio 

  • 4 - music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute, Intercom Mute 

  • Dedicated front panel music volume control

  • Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver

  • Cellular telephone input with "DuTel™" telephone distribution

  • Easy front panel control for telephone side tone on/off

  • Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)

  • Front panel utility jack for phone, iPod, or unswitched audio warnings

  • Split mode for dual audio panel capability

  • 2 - Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)

  • 3 - Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew

  • 5 - unswitched inputs, with front panel unswitched input

  • Selectable music distribution for passengers

  • Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"

  • RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static

  • PMA8000BT Audio Panel with Marker, Stereo Intercom, and Bluetooth connectivity

I should finally be able to Bluetooth music for our flights and use my iPhone to pick up an IFR clearance if needed. I hope to have the unit installed prior to our Florida trip.

No comments: