Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Foreflight's Latest and Greatest

I have been using Foreflight in the cockpit instead of paper from the day I saw what the product provided and as fast as I could get out and purchase an iPad. I have Foreflight on my iPhone and iPad and do all my flight planning with the product.

I am careful to keep my iPad out of the sun while en route. I am fortunate that I can sit my unit behind the passenger seat in front of a vent that is in the wing spar raised section and within easy reach at any time.

I have made many cross country VFR and IFR trips with Foreflight and would not trade it for anything else out there. Yes, I guess I drank the Kool-Aid.

I wanted to share the latest update, 5.3 with fellow aviators.

New Plates on Maps How-To

Posted on by Foreflight.

The Plates on Maps feature is now available in ForeFlight Mobile 5.3 and is a significant enhancement to situational awareness and productivity. This feature gives you the ability overlay approach plates and taxi diagrams on the map. Watch our new how-to video to see it in action.

No comments: