Sunday, January 23, 2022

Oxygen Delivery System Upgrade

My current oxygen system consists of a 22cf tank, two place regulator, and individual flowmeters and oxymiser pendants for pilot and copilot. 
Flowmeter
Oxymiser Pendant Cannula
If you have watched my videos you know of the struggle wearing one of these over the ear cannulas with my headset. It's a real pain, and wearing it the correct way will break the seal on the headset earcups. 

After watching a few of my favorite flying video channels I discovered a boom type delivery system. Of course this piqued my curiosity and I did some research. 

I do not want to purchase a total new delivery system, instead, I want to "update" my current system.  This will require a blend of different manufacturers designs...Frankenstein comes to mind. Yikes!

My plan 

Keep the existing flowmeter and tank connection in place with the oxymiser pendant.

Cut the existing pendant on each side and then connect with a Y connector.
Connect the Y to the easy disconnect for the boom cannula. The last step would be to connect the boom to the headset. With the thumb screw in the picture below you can remove the boom at any time or simply use the quick disconnect also pictured below.

Parts cost:  
Mountain High Boom Cannula  $99
Quick Disconnect $15
Oxygen line Y adapter $6

No comments: