Thursday, June 01, 2023

Checking on 3 Tango Charlie

It’s been a long relaxing Memorial holiday weekend. I know most folks do backyard BBQ’s but growing up our family always honored fallen service members and remembered family members who had passed. It was a ritual of sorts, the men were up early and visiting multiple cemeteries making sure everything looked perfect and placing the specific flower basket in the right place. Following the landscape phase we went and showered then dressed for a day visiting graves. I remember standing at each military gun salute and picking up spent brass. I also remember the fire departments along Main Street intersections passing the boot to each car for donations. Strange the memories that stick with you after all the years gone by. 

Thursday, June 1st

Mary and I decided to drive to Wilmington.  Mary wanted to pick up a painting at her sister in laws home that I didn’t pick up last week.  In all fairness I wasn’t told about the pick up and Lynn must have forgotten.

The first stop is to  check on 3 Tango Charlie. I had a brief phone conversation with the airport and shop manager on Tuesday discussing the Commander elevator inspection. I wanted to follow up and check on progress, hopefully catching the wing root seal install and/or the MP/FF gauge replacement.  

I’m not sure if the gear swing has been completed. I was told the annual inspection was pretty much complete. After looking over the plane I didn’t see any of my squawk list items addressed.  Needless to say I wasn’t very happy. I dropped off my old log books as requested and then headed towards Wilmington. 

We decided on lunch at Pizza by Elizebeth. Mary had the Hasselbeck; Original tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian meatballs, provolone & parmesan cheese. I had the Davis; Spicy blackened chicken, bacon, cheddar, and provolone, drizzled with honey-mustard sauce. 

We picked up the Paul Scarborough oil painting and sat and chatted a bit. I refilled our drinks with ice and with that we got on the road south for home.

Lucy was on her own for seven hours and was a very good girl. I did catch her on camera curling up on my seat on the leather couch. I activated the mic feature and reminded her I was watching and to get off the couch. Lucy looked around and  slowly made her way to her bed.

Lucy did get her revenge and decided to cover the great room floor with her version of confetti. My “attention” stick, an old (circa 1990’s) tall tv guide wrapped in electrical tape was everywhere. Now please understand I never hit her with this but when any dog I’ve owned doesn’t give me their immediate attention when I give a command I will wack it on a table or couch and the noise it makes…well, it gets their attention. We had also left this months Parkes Bench News booklet on the couch but that didn’t even have a dog eared corner. I believe Lucy’s act was clearly directed at me. Maybe the cats put her up to it since they have been on the receiving end of long range attention getter bombings. 

Just like this mornings ride it was two hours home. I sure miss my plane when making the  run back and forth to Wilmington.

No comments: