Friday, October 03, 2008

The Time Has Come

I traded email's with my instructor today and agreed to meet this Saturday around 8 am so he can sign me off for my instrument test. Yes, I am finally going to get it taken care of. Not taking flight lessons through the month of September in order to force myself to study and ultimately take the test seems to have worked. Well, I should say it worked to get me motivated to study and test but will cost me a few more dollars to shake any rust off once back under the hood.

I have been flying in September, maybe a total of 8 hours, but no hood work. I have also taken the time to fly approaches on Flight Sim while tooling along in the online aviation world of VatSim. I at least got some good practice time and it's free, requiring no fuel burn in the wallet. I will post my IR written passing news next week after sitting through the test session. Any readers that believe in the power of prayer, now is a good time to add me to your list.

The plan as discussed with Brian is to knock out the test and hopefully finish up my oral and check ride prep this month and take the check ride in early November. Mary and I will be taking a week off mid October to enjoy some 'us' time in Nags Head, N.C. We hope mother nature is in a good mood so all will go well with our flight and some possible beach/pool time (strictly to work on the tan).

3 comments:

Rob said...

I was beginning to wonder what you were up too,...

Glad to hear you feel refreshed and prepped for the written. Have a good relaxing weekend away, and then get back under the hood!

Keep us posted....

Rob

Gary said...

Got the sign off this morning from Brian. I'll schedule Tuesday with the school and call to schedule the test too. I'll test either tuesday afternoon or wednesday morning. Now scoring in the high 80's so I feel more relaxed

Head in the Clouds said...

Good Luck! We just did our IFR cross country flight. I talked to our instructor this morning- and sounds like we need about 2 more lessons before our final mock stage check. Then we do a real stage check with the head of the flight school to get signed off to do the checkride. Our last big hurdle is the hood time. We both still need about 12 hours! Luckily, we can do that together without the instructor. We're still hoping to finish by end of October.