Tuesday, February 18, 2014

N57-KHYW, The Plan

Mary and I have been planning a weekend hop to Myrtle Beach, SC. One of our best friends, Jo, has a daughter and son-in-law along with two adorable grand babies waiting to see G-Mom.  Jo has always been there for us. Since Mary has needed hospital time for her infusion treatments Jo always steps up to help. I know friends do for friends without question but we want to give something back to her that means so much, hugging those grand babies!

This will be an overnight run to Conway South Carolina's Conway-Horry County Airport. Running the numbers it looks to be a four hour flight with multiple instrument approaches available at KHYW. I will have the choice of either Myrtle Beach International Airport KMYR(13 nm SE) or Grand Strand Airport KCRE(20 nm E) as my alternates, both with multiple approaches. I am looking into hotels with an ocean front view and a place to hangar 08Romeo overnight.

No comments: