Thursday, January 04, 2018

Winter Storm Grayson

Ocean city Maryland gets hit with a winter storm, a weather bomb cyclone. A bombogenisis to be exact.
A bombogenisis is a popular term used by meteorologists, this occurs when a storm rapidly intensifies, dropping at least 24 millibars over 24 hours. Grayson did just that, and then some. This 'bomb' can see cyclone speed winds and OC was pounded with 40-50 mph, the peninsula saw speeds of 62 mph.
I did manage some shoveling this morning but decided to wait out the high winds. Tomorrow I'll clean up the sidewalks while anxiously awaiting the home owners association company of choice that plows snow. At some point I'll head to the airport and check on the plane and runway conditions. For now, we sit tight and keep warm.

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

That is a whole lot of snow. It's beautiful in pictures but I prefer our 70 degree weather.

Gary said...

I prefer your 70 degree weather too! :)