Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Video Equipment and Mounting Hardware

Recently, I have been asked about my video equipment and mounting hardware that I use to make my videos. I have touched on these systems in the past but decided it was time to put something together that may help explain, in more detail, my setup. 
The video is not super technical, as a matter of fact it's a pretty basic description with pictures of what works for me. 

I did not discuss the audio portion of my videos. This system is also pretty simple, one main cable from the front/panel view Garmin VIRB XE connected to the rear passenger headset jack takes care of it all. It's easy, no magic editing requirements, and the timing is always right on the money. Coordinating that audio to sync with the crew cam can be a bit tricky, but, I have started making a verbal note on camera that I'm turning on the crew cam or wing cam. This helps locate the exact timing mark to make life easier while editing. 

Any questions, feel free to leave me a comment here, on on my YouTube video, and I'll do my best to answer.

No comments: