Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cover Art and Edits

Today I received my book cover artwork and sent out the two copies I liked best to a few of my friends. I appreciate their comments and suggestions, and I know they will be honest with me. Following the advice of a fellow blogger and author I decided to go with the company he selected for his cover art. Talk about an easy and smooth experience, thanks Ed. I'll post all the particulars once I get this project published and have a solid number on my total cost.

As a follow up on my last post and the call to Mike the editor, all went well. We had a great conversation about my goals and how to achieve them. I explained that writing is obviously not my full time job, but just a shot in the dark to cross another item off my bucket list. I told Mike that I really wanted to share the magic carpet concept with other pilots, and people who are thinking about flying. I hope this book provides a glimpse into traveling by general aviation, the fun, the excitement and everything that comes with it.

Foot update: I am partial weight bearing status as of my last visit to the Doc. Last week was 25% pressure and this week I'm 50%. The ugly, scaly dragon foot is turning back into a human foot with each passing day. Parts of my foot still feel like it's asleep, but it's slowly waking up. I am cleared to drive but I am still self grounded as far as flying.

No comments: