Monday, July 31, 2017

Vlog Experiment

What does it mean to vlog?
 
A vlog (or video blog) is a blog that contains video content. The small, but growing, segment of the blogosphere devoted to vlogs is sometimes referred to as the vlogosphere.
 
I decided to give the vlog a try.  After watching Last Man Standings, Tim Allen,I was motivated. Ok, some motivation came from the "Mike Baxter" character but honestly all the sailing refit vlogs really gave me the push to give it a shot. Having a video of my flights has been fun and I hope to add more approaches in instrument conditions at some point. The thought of added video of our destinations and explorations will be a welcome addition to the pictures we take.
 
I am going to start with a video follow up from yesterdays disaster trying to inspect the plane and somehow get some good video. I only left the intro since Mary and I both laughed at my goofy facial expressions, we thought the blog readers would have a good laugh too.
 
So, here is my first attempt at a vlog. I obviously need to stop looking out the window and make better eye contact with the camera. 
What are your thoughts? Should I stick to my retired life and no video, stay with blog entries only adding just flying videos, or continue to give the vlog a try?

No comments: