Keith started the oil change and I managed somehow to remember to ask to get a sample for testing. The oil filter element looked great when it was cut open, no metal, only some small carbon partickes that easily crushed in your fingers. I worked on getting all the inspection panels open and then moved to the interior. The rear seats are easy to remove and I took up all the floor boards. The front seats required the removal of a lock pin type gizmo that had a cotter pin. It was a PITA trying to work in the seat track and free that bugger up. Once the pins were removed the seats slid back in the track and easily lifted out. The guys in the shop were laughing at me because I was "talking" to the plane. Once the interior was out I moved to the tail cone and ELT/inspection fuselage side panels to complete the inspection access panel removals.
I loaded up the roll servo and grabbed my lunch. Today's lunch was obviously going to be on the road. It takes a good forty-five minutes with traffic to get home and it will take an additional thirty or so to get to Penn Avionics at the Brandywine Airport. I didn't stop at home but had to pass a mile away from it on my way back and forth. Ken at Penn accepted the hand off and said he would get to it as soon as they finished up lunch, this worked out great. I could visit the FBO folks and stop by the flight school too. I guess I could have had that slice of pie but I held off. I walked back to the shop as Ken was coming into the lobby. I got a debrief on the unit, a wiring diagram for the Century I hook up and agreed I would schedule shop time to get the A/P unit checked upon completion of the annual. Oh, the bench test was no charge and the diagram was free too, life is good!
|broken washer gasket probe|