Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Updates

I hope the readers of this blog don't mind but with the winter weather I've been spending more time reading than flying.

I'm also sorting out battery issues and dealing with the frigid temps out on the ramp.  I am adding an additional solar charger so each of my 12v batteries now will have a trickle charge to keep them topped off.  I'll report back as I make progress.

Stay warm and dry, Spring is just around the corner. FYI, my next book is going to be Donald L. Miller’s nonfiction book based on aerial wars through the eyes of enlisted men of the Eighth Air Force.

Tom Hanks is once again teaming with HBO in a miniseries about World War II.

This time around, Hanks and Steven Spielberg-who previously delivered the likes of 2001′s “Band of Brothers” and 2010′s “The Pacific” to the channel-will create a miniseries that will focus on the Air Force. The series will “explore the aerial wars through the eyes of enlisted men of the Eighth Air Force — known as the men of the Mighty Eighth.”

The series will be based on Donald L. Miller’s nonfiction book “Masters of the Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany.”

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about the continued battery problems, Gary. I hope you find a workable solution!

Gary said...

I think I have it squared away. Batteries here at home on a float charge. The new (2nd) solar panel will provide a tender/minder for each battery. I'm also going to diconnect the clock and have it wired to the master.

I'll report back on my findings.

Chris said...

Fingers crossed. I don't know about you, but I always feel better when I at least have a plan. Show those traitorous batteries that interrupting flying opportunities will not be tolerated!