Thursday, February 02, 2017

Staples Removed, New Cast

My second doctor visit is scheduled for 9:40 this morning in Berlin, just a short ten minute drive. Mary has the zoo squared away and we get on the road in short order.

The office is empty as I check in, the wait shouldn't be long. The nurse butchers my name but I don't bother to correct her, let's just get this over with.
First the cast is cut off and then the cotton wrap is cut away. Next the gauze and steri-strip yellow patches are removed. I manage to take a few pictures of my staples before I am directed to x-ray.

Pictures looked good so the Physicians Assistant brings in the staple removers, they look like dog nail clippers. Overall not bad except for a few on the outside of the foot and a couple on my heel, revised total 55.

With fresh steri-strips and cotton wrap installed I selected a blue cast. I wanted to show some change from the last visit.

I'm rescheduled for March 2nd, four long weeks! The PA did slip out that most likely there would be no PT required, woo hooo!

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

It still looks pretty sore to me. My second cast was red and white striped since it was almost Christmas. Hang in there. It will be worth it.

Gary said...

Yes, still sore but feeling better every day. I have 4 weeks to go then maybe a boot, fingers crossed.

I like the striped cast idea, if I need another i'll go that direction. A patriotic theme. :)