Thursday, October 28, 2021

Coastal View Flight

 

Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been 33 days since I last committed aviation. I have no excuse, I've been lazy, and with no mission I just didn't feel like taking the plane out of the hangar. 

Today I decided I was indeed tired enough of the rainy weather and windy days, I was going to fly. The temps were cool, mid 60's, so it wouldn't be uncomfortable.  Winds were variable when I did my preflight weather brief so that was another plus.

I loaded up the camera bag and iPad mini 5 and made my way to the airport. Paving operations are still ongoing along RT 50 in each direction but I stayed the course. The airport was pretty quiet, just one plane in the pattern as I tugged 3 Tango Charlie out into the sunshine.
RT. 50 and the OC Inlet
Winds were 100/7 so I selected runway one-four for my departure.  As I completed my run up there was a Cessna departing runway two. After he climbed out I back taxied on one-four and launched. 3 Tango Charlie made excellent power and I climbed away from Ocean City. Heading north I flew along the Bay and for my return I flew just off shore. There were a few wispy clouds just above as I was letting down for the pattern. It was good to do some radio work, exchanging position reports with the Cessna, now landing on one-four.

A quick hop, just .6 on the tach, but fun none the less.  Mary and I are planning a quick get-away to Boston for a few days to visit family and friends, it should be fun flying.

No comments: