Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

I hope all our readers enjoyed a beautiful Easter Sunday. Mary and I worked our tails off and had the house looking great. The menu was planned with the family all bringing a dish to add to the holiday celebration. Mary started early, the smell of Ham cooking drifted through out the house, and it was fantastic. I had ordered the floral centerpiece for the table during the week as a surprise for Mary. My Bride loves a nicely set table and always does a fine job.

We were twelve in all as we were seated for dinner. Mary's Mom and Dad, her brother and his wife and two daughters, my sister and her husband, my brother and his wife. We had Ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, scalloped pineapple (made with bread topping), cheesecake, cream-puffs and I'm sure I missed a few others.

In keeping with my aviation blog I will add that Sunday was a gorgeous day to be flying. Every time I looked outside or let Maggie out back to run I had wished that I had some time to get in the air. As much as I wanted to fly today the time spent with family is so much more rewarding.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Looks like a good Easter. I was watching the weather too on Sunday, but it's always great to be with Family. My twins had a blast finding easter eggs in the yard,... always another day to fly! Sorry to hear you sold the Vette,.. but Congrats on starting the IR Training! Looking forward to the Sun-n-Fun report too, my instructor is going to be down there. Have fun, Fly Safe!