Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving

From our home to yours, Mary and I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary and I were invited to my brother and sister-in-laws home for thanksgiving. This year it was pretty much local, just an hour and a half north by ground transportation. We gave some thought to flying but decided it would be easier and cheaper to drive.

Memories of our thanksgiving flight to Jupiter Florida ran through my head while driving north, that was a fun adventure.

Family gathered and we enjoyed a delicious meal and the company of those who mean so much to us. We watched football consumed turkey and dessert and enjoyed catching up. It was good to hear from Joe and Janice's sons, Eric and Ryan, who live out of state. The phone was passed around and we all got to wish them a happy thanksgiving.

As the day came to a close Mary and I spent the night. The plans for Friday were shopping, for the ladies, and golf for the men.

The ladies headed to Dover and shopped till they dropped. The men cancelled golf and instead took a tour of the area home and roadway construction projects. The once quiet farmlands of lower Delaware have certainly changed over the last few year. Gone are the old farm homes and open fields, replaced with new developments, schools and shopping centers.

Friday evening...We are home for the weekend with plans to decorate for Christmas. Nothing to crazy with outside lights this year since I can't take them down after surgery in a few weeks. My Bride always makes our home look festive and welcoming. I would throw a sheet over the tree and store it, then bring it down the following year...not happening says the Bride.

I hope to get some flight time in tomorrow or Sunday.  Safe travels everyone!

No comments: