Thank God Ziva wakes me up at 5:10, I would have slept through a bomb explosion. Ok, stop sticking your wet nose and furry face under the covers, I'm getting up. Ziva, mission accomplished, I'm now up and trying to function so I can feed the zoo. I can't believe the pain and soreness in my legs, arms, back, feet...did I miss any parts?
Another hot shower just to relieve the sore bones has me feeling a bit better and I am starting to walk like a human and not some weird experiment.
Once again on the road north but with one delicious stop in mind. I wanted to treat the guys at the shop to Helen's Sausage house and slip in and out with five sandwiches in the bag. My God, driving for another hour with the smell of the sandwiches is driving me crazy...I will not eat mine until I get there.
Stan is making coffee and I reach in to the goody bag hand him a sandwich, it's Helen's I said. No clue if he knows about Helen's but his immediate smile and twinkle in his eyes say it all. Stan said it's been years since he last had one of their specials, I'm glad he liked it.
I did some research last night and found a Whelen power supply for my strobes. This unit is a plug and play ready to go. Whelen has a cross reference list of Grimes units and I found mine on that list. Cost of the unit, $420 dollars plus shipping and I asked them to overnight it from Georgia.
The remaining interior is removed, except for the headliner. When I had the liner replaced there was no corrosion so we left that intact. Josh and I looked over the duct that had to be removed and formulated a plan of attack. Josh bent his body to squeeze into the pilot side floor space and started the removal, it was time consuming and dirty. Thankfully he took pictures along the way to document what was there and what connections needed to go back.
Josh carefully removed the air intake plenums located just under the glare shield tucked into the corners. These parts are very very brittle in most baby beech planes, mine were in good shape. I had a small crack around the main duct connection that Roger repaired and set aside to cure. I'm not sure what he used but if you sat there you would be floating out of the room, major buzz time.
The next concern was the plastic bladder that was connected to the plenums. this part provided a drainage to allow water to escape and fed the vent at the glare shield level.
All the ducts behind the center console came out. This section of duct work provided the heat source from a connection through the firewall. this would feed the vents right about knee level on each side of the console. Initially it should have provided heat to the passenger foot vents but what my plane had and what was correct were not even close.
Day three comes to an end with most of the duct work out and connections documented. We took our time since the manuals drawings really didn't match what we had, strange, I know. I made a call out to the Beech Aero Club people in the know and I was informed I may have one of those tweener planes. The end of the year run with some parts or changes that are not reflected in the manual. I think 08Romeo fits that description.