Friday, October 12, 2007

Angel Flight Application

I finally decided to volunteer my time to Angel Flight East. I filled out the "co-pilot" application since I do not have my instrument rating at this time (more news on the IR to follow). Mary and I are very fortunate to be able to fly and that we are in good health, well, minus a few metal parts for me.

I still think of everyday as a personal holiday since the day of my accident back in November 85. Maybe it sounds a bit silly but I still get a rush out catching a sunrise or sunset since I was able to walk out of the hospital 3 months after I was admitted.

What I am trying to say is, I think it's time I step it up a notch and give back to others in a way most folks can't provide and that is transportation by air. Pilots are good people and to volunteer their time and aircraft is a special gift, Mary and I want to be a part of this project, we want to help others if and when we can. Check out the web page and read the stories, it will warm the coldest heart just knowing a person can make such a difference and ease the burden for something most people take for granted, transportation. I'm excited to help out even if it means providing ground transportation, whatever it takes!

As I have posted many times (since January 07) I am working on the ground portion of my IR. I stop and start depending on work load, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University class schedule and life with my Bride. Yes, they sound like excuses to me too. I managed to hook up with a co-worker who is a Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument and he said we could work out a schedule. I may reduce the course load from ERAU and schedule more flight time. Sty tuned for updates!

No comments: