Saturday, April 23, 2022

Meeting the Pilots of the MSP

AugustaWestland AW139

Mary and I stopped to see one of the Maryland State Police (MSP) helicopters on display at the Ocean Pines Fire Department. I was lucky enough to meet the pilot from the crew that saved my life on the day of our airplane accident. It was interesting to hear their side of the events that day, and how it had an affect on their procedures moving forward. The pilot, Don, said they stopped at Salisbury because they didn’t think I would survive the flight to Baltimore shock trauma until I got blood. Kind of freaked me out to hear that bit of information. 

Thanks Don for being on scene that morning and for the great chat today. Also a shout out to Courtney, a Maryland State Trooper/Paramedic, for hooking us up.
The crew that was with the display aircraft thanked us for stopping by and bringing closure to that day for them. The first responders typically don't get to experience the result of their efforts. I'm so glad we got to meet Don and he said he would talk to the other pilot and Trooper/Paramedic that was flying that day.

I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture with Don, obviously overwhelmed with seeing the helo and all the medical equipment on board as well as reliving that day back in June 2018

No comments: