The realization of a boyhood dream...
Private Pilot July 17, 2006 - Instrument Rating August 19, 2010
Sunday, July 26, 2026
3 Tango Charlie is Sold
My last picture with 3 Tango Charlie. Friday was bittersweet, sad to end our airplane ownership but happy that 3 Tango Charlie is going to a good home and will be flying on a regular basis. It's never good to let an airplane sit and that was my main concern. Mary and I also found it harder each year to climb in and out of the plane, case in point she just had a hip replaced and I went in for surgery to have two screws removed from my right leg. Sadly my surgery will not be the last, with a sign of infection that is working its way to the metal rod I will need to have the rod removed. If infection sets in I could lose the leg.
We have no regrets. Mary and I have enjoyed many wonderful journeys over our years of ownership, from the first flight home in our Sundowner to our last flight together in our Commander.
It is now time for a new chapter, more adventures, but it will be in the rental fleet. There are two clubs, one local, and the other near our winter home in Estero. I will investigate both. For now we are going to concentrate on the healing process.
Stay tuned, there will be more adventures to write about and pictures to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment