Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sun-n-Fun, The Plan Takes Shape

Mary and I still have our reservation for Gaston's, at least for now. I have a had a few people inquire about the cabin (bedroom cottage). We reserved cabin #11 and our deposit is for $109. If someone from the forums needs a cabin send us an email.

After checking out the local attractions Mary and I booked a room in Kissimmee, Florida for Sun n Fun. We will be staying at the Raddison Resort Celebration, all of about 2 miles from Disney. We want to visit Disney MGM, Universal and do the EAA show in Lakeland, Fl.

Mary is checking out SCUBA diving lessons, something she thought she would enjoy so that is on the agenda. Mary was also the one to get me to parasail, what an adventure that was. It looked great when she was in the air flapping her arms and pretending to be some bird laughing and having a blast. When they reeled her in and launched my butt to 425' it honestly didn't seem to be as much fun. It was quiet and the view fantastic but that little strap under my butt just didn't give me the warm and fuzzies. All I could think about was me slipping out of the harness and having to plunge into the water, not my idea of a fun way to check out. I was the typical engineer, I rechecked the harness and all attachments and decided if this is was my fate, so be it. I did enjoy the ride after I satisfied my 'once over' of the equipment. I must say that the guys on the boat answered all my questions a were very good about going over the rigging and explaining things prior to the launch.


The taxi ride from Kissimmee is $32 for an eight mile ride, I'm not happy. The car rental is $50 a day unlimited mileage. So far the plan is to rent the car at the airport, check in and unpack, enjoy some pool time and a good nap then make our dinner run to the place we went to on our honeymoon. We really fell in love with the Grand Floridian and Narcoossee's. A great place to stay and one of the really nice places to eat that is not formal.

Day two (Tuesday) we can use the rental to visit Universal and scout out a good dinner stop for the evening run. Day three (Wednesday) we or should I say I can go to Lakeland and spend the day drooling on airplanes and build a blister on the photo snapping finger. Day four (Thursday) we can free shuttle to Disney MGM for the day so that means no more rental car. Friday will be a day at the pool or whatever other activities we can fit in followed by a Saturday morning departure for home.

The google search continues as we fine tune the activities for Lakeland. Mary is very excited about getting away for the week and I am too. 679er will be going in for an oil change prior to the florida trip and get the once over from the shop to care of any squawks that my arise between now and then. I'm sure we will post more activity info and flight plan information as the date gets closer.

No comments: