Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard Part II

After digging out an additional 20" in the the driveway our snow blower crapped out. Yes, the burning smell is not my feet getting toasty warm but the Troy Bilt eating up a drive belt. So sad, the end was in sight with only the last few feet to dig that the plow left for us.

Good news! After calling Lowes, Home Depot, Sears and multiple lawn and garden stores the local hardware store I always go to for everything just got two belts in. Yep, you guessed it MTD Part # 7450101A 1/2 35" 4L, I'll take them both. They asked if I could leave a name, I'll leave you anything you want just hold the two belts I'm only five minutes away. The store manager had them waiting for me at the register. I think I skipped out the door, That's going to be tough getting that thought out of your mind.

I headed back home like a little kid on Christmas and quickly installed the new belt and replaced the tensioner and cover. I hung the new spare belt right above the storage space for the snow blower and loaded up for the airport. Mary and I dug out 08Romeo for the second time in a week. Here are a few pictures from round II from Mother nature.



























V Tail Bonanza - Our neglected ramp neighbor

2 comments:

Steve said...

Your neighbor owes their airplane an apology!

We ended up with about 18" total here, so I think you definitely win.

Anonymous said...

Put the extra belt in the house or it'll get brittle in the cold.