Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Quick Hop

The wx has been turning colder the last few weeks so my flying has slowed down.  08Romeo has plenty of good heat, it's just I hate uncovering and covering after each flight. I'm not sure if it's hangar envy or just being a lazy butt.

While at home last night I got a facebook message from coworker Dave C who works at KILG.  I'm not sure who laughed more, me or my Bride.
You're right Dave, 08Romeo needs a trip! There is nothing worse then a sad airplane, I must fix this!
 
Dave has a really nice boat and understands the "throwing money into the hole" in the sky...water....you get the point. I figured I needed some fly time and asked if he wanted to go for a hop.
 
We met at the plane around 3:10, I was a few minutes late.  We went through the pre-flight and climbed aboard for a short local hop. I thought Daves boat was along the C&D canal, in Chesapeake MD, what a brain fart!  Dave keeps his boat at the Great Oak Marina (B). 
A)Chesapeake City MD  B) Great Oak Marina
Not enough time to make the run and get back before I would have to log night landings. Since I am not night current I can't have passengers.
 
 PART 61 § 61.57 Recent flight experience: Pilot in command
 (1) Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft carrying passengers during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise, unless within the preceding 90 days that person has made at least three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise.
 
Dave took some nice photo's as we headed back to Wilmington.  When it gets a bit warmer and he has his boat back in the water we'll head south again for a real photo shoot. At the very least I have someone that enjoyed the air time and he let me know he's available when I need company. I'll have to drag Dave and his daughter out on a breakfast run!
 
Thanks Dave for keeping an eye on my plane and for the heads up that she was looking sad and needed to get out and fly!

No comments: