Sunday, February 13, 2022

Wilmington Round Trip, Take 2

It's another beautiful day here at the beach! Our temp in Ocean City is 63 degrees at 11am with winds 260/12G17. I am returning to Wilmington (KILG)to pick up my bride and then return home.

Our Ziva girl has been confused, every noise triggers a run to the front windows to look for Mom. I did keep her and the boys busy while I did a few things around the house. I am planning on heading over to the airport around 1:15 in order to preflight, sump, and mount cameras. I reset the Drift Ghost X and it seems to be working just fine now, we shall see. 

I launched from runway three-two and soon after tucking the gear away I went head on with a big bird. I held course and the feathered suicidal traffic banked as if out of control then shot past my right wing tip. Too close for comfort.
The remainder of the trip was uneventful, that’s a good thing. The winds were gusty at Wilmington but just off the centerline of runway two-seven. I made an ok landing, dropped the nose a little to quick and used some brakes in order to taxi off on taxiway Bravo. With a quick call to ground I was directed to FlyAdvanced. 

Mary came through the gate ten minutes after I shut down. Little did I know she had her family in tow. Everyone wanted to see the plane. It was fun to see the great nephews check things out and ask questions. 
Rowen
Brennen
Rowen at the controls
Brennen's turn 
We said our goodbyes and climbed aboard, Mary was ready to get home. I contacted ground with my info and was directed to taxi to runway two-seven and hold.  There was jet traffic turning base so we sat tight and watched where he landed. Once cleared I brought up the power while holding the brakes, then launched. I was off well before where the jet touched down. 
It was a quick hop home, just forty minutes. The ride was smooth and the view of the sky with the sun falling in the west was beautiful. The ride was fairly quiet, not much traffic on with Approach. 
I switched over to Ocean City to make my position calls as I set up for one-four.  I made a really nice landing, rolling 3 Tango Charlie on the surface, no chirps, no skips and no bounce. Mission complete! 

No comments: