Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Reposition Pilot and Plane

 

Monday 1.31

I swapped calls with Charles G from New Garden Airport (N57). Charles had flown down to Ocean City (KOXB) for business and the recent winter storm came in much faster then anticipated up north. Thankfully, Charles secured a hangar with our airport manager here at OXB and was safely tucked in for the snow event. 

The plan was to hop a ride with Jon in his new Baron on Sunday (1/30), but, as previously noted the Ocean City Airport was still NOTAMed closed. Eventually runway 14-32 opened at noon on Monday and runway 2-20 soon followed. The only remaining issue was clearing out the drifts in front of my hangar.

Tuesday 2.1

Mary and I swung by the airport to check conditions, and for the most part my hangar door drift was gone. there was only a small row of snow blocking the door. I plan on taking the snow shovel with me to clear out a path for the mains and the nose gear so I can use my tug.
Wednesday 2.2

The weather is looking pretty crapy for the quick out and back. The plan was to depart OXB around 1pm and pick up Charles at 2pm. 
I don't feel like shooting the GPS 32 approach to minimums, IF, it stays at the three hundred foot ceiling. Minimums are two sixty. Even if I did get in Charles is not instrument rated so he can't get out or home. 
Charles and I confirmed our no-go decisions for todays mission. Depending on the presidents TFR we will reschedule for this weekend or early next week.

Tuesday 2.8
Monday morning I took on 16 gallons to bring 3 Tango Charlie to 50 gallons for the flight to and from N57. I also made a call to Charles that evening to make sure we were still on for todays flight. 
Great shot by Charles!
My flight north is scrubbed, Charles is already in Ocean City having arrived last night. So, instead of a reposition the human flight, it will be a two plane lunch run to Delaware Coastal - KGED.  

Flight plans change, we all make adjustments and new plans emerge. I'll be happy to get some fly time today and at least catch up for lunch. 

No comments: