Sunday, June 19, 2022

Breakfast with my Bride

 
A post was put up on the Pilots of America forum for a breakfast run to Cambridge MD, KCGE. Pugs (Allen) was going so I thought it would be good to catch up.  Mary wanted to join me this morning which always makes the flight time fun. I had twenty seven gallons left on board after the Jersey flight so I planned on fuel at Cambridge.  Fuel at Cambridge is $6.21 full serve and here at Ocean City it's $7.35.  I now have a reason to fly for fuel and good eats!
Winds favored three-two and we launched after picking up our IFR clearance and most important squawk code for the TFR transition.  On departure I was directed to fly a 270° heading until Pax can ID me, then they turned me on course direct CGE. The ride was fairly smooth despite the quartering headwind of 20-25kts. 
I cancelled IFR and switched over to CTAF at Cambridge. Allen was in the down wind and we were maybe 15 miles out. I entered a straight in for runway three-four and made a nice landing. Once the plane was secure I ordered thirty gallons of fuel and headed in to breakfast. 
There was no line and most tables were open. The three of us were quickly seated and placed our orders. This restaurant has very good food and for the limited staff the service was good. We all enjoyed the meal and conversations. 
Once the fuel bills were paid we all headed out to our planes. Allen and I each sumped tanks and made a general walk around our aircraft.  Allen taxied out and I followed him to runway three-four. I had a tail wind going home, Allen had the headwinds heading back to Hagerstown. 
I picked up flight following with Patuxent and made for the coast. We really enjoyed the tailwinds heading east, toping out at 150kts.
Pax turned me loose to get on CTAF but I had to keep the code until I landed. 

A fun day of flying in perfect weather!  
Hangar critter!

No comments: