Thursday, December 15, 2022

Saying Goodbye to our Ziva

Sadly, Mary and I had to say goodbye to our baby girl, Ziva Diva. Ziva was 9.5 and was stricken with degenerative myopathy the canine version of ALS in humans.

Thanks to Lisa and Greg who provided her Magna wave treatments that gave her relief for three weeks. Unfortunately this disease has no cure and can advanced rapidly as it did with our girl.

We were overwhelmed with the staff at VCA Vet clinic. The techs that had always made a fuss over our girl all came in and sat with us and Z. One of the techs got a call that we were bringing Z in and came to join us on her day off.

Ziva was finally allowed some Hersey kisses and after playing with the first one determined they did taste good and ate at least three or four. When all the techs gathered Z wagged her tail for the first time today, she was happy.

Hopefully our Roxie girl and Maggie will be there to welcome her, I told her to watch out for her buddies Inky, Jake, and George.

We will miss her, and the house immediately felt empty when we came home with no happy face and tail wagging to great us. Tomorrow will be another day of firsts. I’ll miss that wet nose poking under the covers to let me know it’s time to get her breakfast ready.
Rest easy princess, we love you.















3 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

My heart is breaking for you. I miss our pups so much and I just wish they could stay with us for many more years. Hugs for you and Mary.

Gary said...

Sandie, Yes, they leave us way to soon.

Last night I caught myself walking out of our kitchen and almost saying time for bed Z girl.....I felt like someone punched me in the gut when I looked across to where her bed was and realized she's not there. Her memory will live on in Mary and I and we all heal. The routines will change and things that were natural to us like the ice maker calling Z to the kitchen just in case an errant cube hit the floor or me setting my eyeglasses on the end table signaling we are going outside will slowly fade and a new norm will set in. It's the process, like it or not, and right now we don't. But life moves forward and we have two mischievous kitties to deal with to help fill the void.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry for your loss