Thursday, April 12, 2012

No-Go

It's been a few weeks since my last post and I am itching to fly.  Tried to get out today after work but it was overcast with showers and gusty winds.  I didn't think it would be to much fun knocking out some approaches and just enjoying the flight time in those conditions.

I have been busy keeping things up around the house and the beach house while Mary is on the mend from shoulder surgery. We both hope to be making beach runs in the plane soon. I just need to get back to flying and knock off the rust! Keeping current is fine but maintaining proficiency is what matters most.

3 comments:

Steve said...

It can certainly be hard to stay proficient when life gets in the way. I certainly understand as I'm just getting back into the left seat after about 5 months on the ground. Hopefully the weather cooperates for you soon. We both send our best to Mary as well!

Chris said...

Hi Gary - Just remember this helpful quote from "Airplane!":

"Flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

It will come back to you. We've had a lot of the same crappy weather here, too (in general, about a day or two before you get it), so I understand where you're coming from.

Gary said...

Steve, Thanks for the well wishes, she's making progress. Hope to get some flight time this week.

Chris, Like riding a bike....sounds good. Hope to get some flight time tomorrow or this week.

Saw your panel upgrade post, I will read it tomorrow morning over a hot tea.