Wednesday, November 01, 2023

"Advice to Students, Pilots, and Instructors"

 I am subscribed to the Aviation101 YouTube channel that is provided by Josh Flowers. I have followed his passion for film making and his passion for aviation over the years. I enjoy his work, how he presents his content and the desire he exudes for safe flight. 


I am always trying to learn more about flying, from the simple reminders of check list use to the very important Aeronautical Decision Making process. As I get older, and my flying hours have slowed down, I find it even more important to review my flying procedures. Thankfully I have pilot and instructor friends who I can openly bounce ideas and thoughts off of with no fear of being hassled.  

Looking back at the accident that triggered this response from Aviation101 I can only think back at the instructors I had. Most were older then me, a few younger, but everyone was a true professional. They loved what they did and provided me with more knowledge then the typical PPL or instrument courses contained.

So if you're an instructor or a pilot I urge you to watch this short video. I know I like to kid and I think I'm a pretty happy go lucky guy but when flying it's all business. Sometimes it's good to just look in the mirror and assess, take stock, think about our flying and how we go about the process.

No comments: