Saturday, December 30, 2023

2023 Year in Review

 


By The Numbers:

Total Time     1561.2
ASEL 2023        55.2
Complex          52.0/284.7
Cross Country    42.1/984.7
IMC               2.6/43


New Airports: 

KAVL - Asheville Regional Airport

Flights of Note:

It's vacation time and we're headed back to Vero Beach Florida. Mary and I really enjoyed our vacation in Vero last year. The beach was perfect, the restaurants provided quite the choice in cuisine, and it was quiet. This year we returned to the same beach front hotel, this time with an ocean view.

Mary and I have had Charleston on our list of places to visit and we finally crossed it off. We found plenty of good food, fun places to explore, interesting history, and enjoyed a horse drawn tour of the city.

Mary and I decided on a quick hop just to get away for our 19th wedding anniversary. We have had Asheville NC, more specifically, the Biltmore estate on our bucket list for some time.

What’s in store for 2024?

We will be heading back to Vero Beach to enjoy some sun and quiet time in March. Reservations are complete.

Places on our short list for 2024 include A return to Waco Texas to check out all the new additions and the new Hotel 1928 by HGTV's Fixer Upper.  

While in Texas we just might couple destinations with a week in Galveston Texas. We have to feed the HGTV addiction and check out the HGTV Restoring Galveston properties. The beach looks good and there are plenty of Antique shops to investigate.

In the heat of the summer we'll point 3 Tango Charlie North - Northwest and head to Mackinac Island. This destination has been on my list for many years, it's time to cross it off.  While we visit the Island we'll plan to catch up with our long time friends Jeff and Lori.

In August we plan on going to Alaska with the group from The Parke, where we live. This will be the highlight of the year and I am going to try and arrange some flight time. 

Mary and I have also been talking about the Bahamas. Maybe in the fall we'll finally make the short hop and enjoy what the islands have to offer.

For now I am awaiting a new Concorde battery from SkyGeek, maybe shipping the first week of the new year. I'm also scheduling shop time at my previous annual location, Sussex Aero, to have my gear down lock switch replaced. That switch gave me fits and I found a broken wire at the switch itself. The hard protective shield caused the wires to repeatedly bend at a specific location causing them to break. I hope to be back in the air for my initial 2024 flight very soon.

No comments: