Saturday, December 16, 2023

Local Flight and Approach

The weather here in Ocean City was perfect! I decided to fly and work on my stick and rudder skills, no autopilot today. I taxied out for runway two and completed my run up while listening to the buzz of traffic. Ocean city was indeed busy with school planes and transients coming in to enjoy a beautiful day at the beach.
The plan was to point towards Delaware Coastal and shoot one approach, then come home. I set up for the RNAV GPS 4 approach, picking up the weather and setting the mental picture of all the traffic, and it was busy. I completed the procedure turn and flew the approach to minimums.
I made a low approach to minimums and then went missed. It's always good to practice the missed approach procedures of the five C's. I did not fly the full missed, instead I opted to clear the area as soon as possible and head back south east for home. 

No comments: