Sunday, February 02, 2014

Plug Me In

Sunrise in the Valley
I had such a nice flight yesterday taking advantage of the break in the weather to get some left seat time.  Upon my return and securing 08Romeo in her hangar I forgot to plug her Reiff heaters in. Doh! The switchbox will work much better if I plug in so it can warm the oil and cylinders instead of just making the pretty little light at the end of the cord glow.
Smith Bridge
I was up early and took care of the zoo and even made a breakfast sandwich for me. I tossed my snow shovel in the SUV so I could clear the small pile that slid off the roof and now provided a hump to maneuver over to get in and out of the hangar.

 DuPont's Granogue Mansion

The ride to the airport was perfect, back country roads listening to some Jim Croce Greatest HitsWorkin' At The Car Wash Blues, You Don't Mess Around With Jim  mixed in with some greatest hits of the 70's including Stealers Wheel Stuck in the middle with you. You really have to ask...of course I was singing along. I have to add that the view along this route is gorgeous, Smith Bridge, Granogue DuPont Mansion, rolling hills and the Brandywine River.
When I got to the hangar I backed in and opened the rear hatch so I could keep the tunes flowing. I did clear the snow but the bottom had frozen solid leaving a two inch speed bump of solid ice. At least 08Romeo is plugged in and ready to go for her next adventure.
I closed the doors and headed home for the few chores that need to be completed. Once I'm in for the day I'll crank up the fireplace and get back to my Tom Clancy book, Without Remorse.

No comments: