Mark and I made a quick run to the airport this morning to remove the bottom plug on the number four cylinder. With the help of a 1/2" swivel and a shorter extension we didn't have to remove the bottom cowl. As you can see from the picture there was a big
carbon lead snot that attached itself to the fine wire plug electrode. If you look closely you can also see a few of the snotball's friends. With the help of the new picks the plug was cleaned, the gap checked, and I gave it a once over with a bronze bristle brush. Everything looked good to go so we added some anti-seize and reinstalled.
Since it was Thanksgiving we left the cowl on the moving blankets so we can test run tomorrow, then cowl and get back in the air.
Thanks to Mark G for all his help!