Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Quick Hop for Eats

I swapped text messages with my friend and fellow pilot, Charles G from N57, New Garden. I wanted to get out and fly an approach or two just to keep the buttonology fresh and then meet for lunch.

I arrived at the airport and completed my pre-flight in the hangar when I heard the fuel truck pull up.  The line guys are really the best here at Ocean City. Steve saw my truck and figured he would stop by and see if I needed fuel. I was good to go, 3 Tango Charlie still had 44 gallons on board from my last refueling.

We chatted for a bit, longer then I thought, and it  was now 1:00. Charles and I planned to meet at 1:15. So much for the practice approaches, now it was just about lunch. I taxied out to runway two and completed my run up. Once again my right mag was forty RPM lower then the left, the same as last flight. There was no noticeable roughness or temp indication change between mags. I was thinking I had a plug with some lead bits.  I switched back to the right mag and brought the RPM's up and really leaned. Another mag check had the two within twenty RPM's and I felt much better about the recheck. 
I launched and pointed for KGED, Delaware Coastal. There was some traffic just north of Ocean City and when I arrived at GED there were a few planes in the pattern. I coordinated with an inbound Mooney that was opposite direction and farther out then me. I made a nice landing and taxied for the ramp, it was busy.
Charles landed and taxied in after three of the planes had departed so he had a front row parking spot.  We enjoyed lunch, BLT's and Maryland Crab soup. Good eats, great conversation and always fun to catch up.

No comments: