Monday, December 20, 2021

2021 Year in Review



By The Numbers:

Total Time   1451.6
ASEL 2021      60.5
Complex        58.5/181.6
Cross Country  46.4/898.6
Instrument      2.4/38.9


New Airports: 4

KLRO - Mount Pleasant Regional, SC
KFPR - Treasure Coast, Ft. Pierce, FL
09J  - Jekyll Island, GA
KOWD - Norwood Memorial, Norwood, MA 

Flights of Note:

Mary and I needed a get-away and we have been thinking long and hard about Florida as the go to spot.  We wanted to look at a few properties on each coast for our winter getaways, and visit with my brother and his wife for his birthday.

This had to be the worst ride since I started flying. A first, going missed at both the destination airport and then at the home airport when we returned.

My instrument currency was going to lapse so why not give the sim a try. I thought I could shoot a few approaches into some of the destinations we have coming up as well as the home field assortment. I had a blast!

Mary and I attended our very first Commander Owner Group fly-in. Jekyll Island was on our list of places to go so we were excited about the get-away.  I was asked to present on Flying Videos and really enjoyed sharing a hobby of mine with the group.  Good times, new friends, and fun flying.

Mary and I had a fantastic trip to Boston. We got to meet up with Mary's cousin Shelagh and her family, and we also met up with our friends Mike B and Kim. Thanks to our family and friends for showing us such a good time and welcoming us into their homes.

No comments: