Saturday, September 15, 2007

Transponder needing a fix...

679er is waiting on a fix for our Bendex/King KT78A Transponder. Recently on my short hop to visit Cape May, NJ (KWWD) Wilmington Tower asked me to recycle my transponder since they could not "see" me. I checked the breaker and it was fine, then followed up by turning the unit off and on again. Still nothing, so I hit the "Ident" and got a call that I was once again visible on radar. Red Eagle Aviation thinks it's the transponder box and not the mode C box. They mentioned that by hitting the Ident button it forces the unit to send a signal back to the ground interrogator, this in turn gets the two boxes talking sometimes. Hey, if it works I'm happy. I will know more this week. Vacation is a week away and I need 679er to be ready.

No comments: