Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Finally, After 31 Days

Finally, after 31 days I get back in the air! It's been a struggle to get in the air, after dashed plans to Boston and all the rain days here at the beach the sun decides to show its face.

Our home, located in the Parke in Ocean Pines.
With that big ball of fiery sunshine in the sky, I decided it was time to get 08Romeo and I some air time. This mornings mission started out with a run to the Chesapeake Surgery Center in order to have a laser cataract procedure done on Mary's left eye. The procedure went very well and Mary was released in just a couple of hours. My poor bride, I teased her on the way home about playing a pirate wench with her sporty patch and even offered to pick up a stuffed parrot for Halloween.  She rolled at least one eye, I couldn't see the other. All kidding aside, she is doing great, minimum pain, and we go back for a follow up in the morning.


After adding her noon time eye drops I decided to go fly.  Mary just wanted to sleep and Ziva was more than happy to keep her company. With everything in order, I was soon headed to the airport.
RT 50 looking east to the inlet at OCMD
I ordered fuel after sumping my tanks. With all the rain we've had I wanted to see how 08Romeo's caps fared. No water in either tank, I await the fuel truck. I completed the pre-flight and stowed the covers; plane, tail, nose plugs and pitot. Still no fuel truck....I locked the baggage door and climbed aboard. I went through my start up checks and 08Romeo was alive after a single blade, she's ready to fly. I waited for the oil temps to come up and just as I released the brakes to taxi the fuel truck drove up. I just waved him off and taxied out. I wasn't shutting down.

!OXB 10/004 OXB TWY H BTN APCH END RWY 02 AND RWY 14/32 CLSD DLY 1100-2200 

There was a NOTAM for taxiway H closure so I back taxied to runway two and when I got to the approach end I noticed the taxiway was open.  Oh well, I turned 08Romeo into the wind and launched. Of course I forgot to turn on the video(head slap). It was a fun flight, short, but it got the oil pumping and I managed to land 08Romeo without bending any metal.
Next flight will be Saturday morning. Mary and I head out for the Beech Aero Club fly-in at W95 - Ocracoke, North Carolina.
 

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

I'm sure it feels good to be able to get up in the sky and just have fun.

Gary said...

Sandie,

Yes, it was fun :) It's even nicer to see the sun, it has been overcast and rain here for a week, it was really getting old.

We've added some fun fly-in destinations on the schedule so there will be new videos and pictures to add to my blog.

LOVED the Balloon fest pictures on your blog, a definite bucket list item for us to add to our list.