Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Process Has Begun

Embraer ERJ-145  SBY to PHL
The purchase process is in full speed ahead mode. My airline tickets are secured and I will be heading to Cincinnati Ohio next week.
Bombardier CRJ-700  PHL to CVG

Once on the ground I will secure my reserved mid size pick up truck and drive the one hour route to Hamilton Ohio where the Commander 112A resides.

An annual inspection will be conducted for the pre-buy and if all goes well I hope to be bringing the plane home to Ocean City on Saturday.  Actually, the present owner, Bill, will fly us home to OCMD.  I still need transition training to legally log any time in the plane.

This plan seems to work out best. The plane will be home and I can spend Easter with my bride and Bill can be with his family. I will also be able to make our planned Easter brunch with friends at a local favorite restaurant.

I have a few irons in the fire as far as training goes. With the plane at our home base I will have to pay for an instructor that meets the insurance requirements to come to me. This scenario will incur travel expenses, but, I would have had to pay to stay wherever I would have traveled to train anyway. At least with the plane here I can take advantage of a good weather window to knock out the two days of training. If I went somewhere else I would have to wait on weather and that would run up cost for a room and vehicle.

Stay tuned for a travel day report and Annual inspection updates!

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

Don't you just love it when plans come together. So glad it is all working out for you guys.