Friday, June 21, 2019

New Heat Shields

I went into the office for a few hours this morning and then decided to head over to the airport. I had planned to maybe knock out an hour of the last two needed for solo time, but instead I decided just to fly early tomorrow morning.
Mary and I loaded Ziva up so she could get some play time since the humidity finally broke. It was windy, but much cooler today, and we thought she would be safe to run wild without overheating.
While Mary supervised Ziva, I opened up the box from Bruce's Custom Covers. In the box there was a very nice storage bag that would close securely with Velcro.
Inside the storage bag, the new custom heat shields were neatly packaged. The shields are much thinner then the Sundowner shields, and the new shields have suction cups. I used to add stick on Velcro circles to make sure the older thick shields stayed in place. 
I'll post a new entry once I test fit the new thinner shields on the aircraft.  I also have to figure out what to do with my passenger window scoop, since I forgot to provide that info to the manufacturer. I might just remove it for now, we shall see.
Kool Scoop Vents

Here is our Ziva diva when we returned home. I think she is burnt out and off in dreamland.

No comments: