Thursday, July 25, 2019

Decals and Updates

I was at the hangar today with Ziva, cleaning up the interior of 3 Tango Charlie.  I gave the leather a scrub and followed with a leather treatment. It smells and looks good.
The leading edges needed some wax to help in keeping the sacrificial bugs from sticking so I used Mothers cleaner wax and got everything coated. Next up I am going to freshen up the wing walk areas like I did on our Sundowner 08Romeo.
I have also ordered new 100 LL decals (pictured above)for the wing fill points and I will be removing what's left the of former fuel quantity decals pictured below.
I have an appointment with the shop to get the oil changed, investigate the MP gauge that's sticking, and set up a date to have the Reiff preheat standard system installed for winter ops. 
Standard System
50 watt band heaters clamp around the cylinders and a 100 watt aluminum HotStrip element epoxies to the oil sump.
I'm also awaiting the arrival of my new leather yoke covers from Warren Gregoire & Associates.  I'll do an install video when I receive shipment.

No comments: