Sunday, February 02, 2020

iPad Mini Comparison

My iPad mini 5 has arrived. Along with it's new bracket, the iPad arrived in good order. Actually, I sent a confirmation email to fellow BAC member and seller that he could have shipped a dozen eggs intact in that box since it was so well packaged. 

I immediately set up the iPad and to my delight found it fairly simple. I sat both iPads side by side and followed the instructions on the screen.  Everything transferred except for the Weather Channels weather app, I 'll have to figure that out. 

Here are the specs on the iPad mini 5.

Apple iPad mini 5
  • PROCESSOR. Apple A12 Bionic APL1W81.
  • RAM. 2 GB.
  • STORAGE. 64 GB
  • DIMENSIONS. 8.0 x 5.31 x 0.24 in
  • WEIGHT.  10.86 oz
  • DISPLAY. 7.9 in, IPS, 2048 x 1536 pixels, 24 bit.
  • CAMERA. 8 MP, f/2.4, 32mm (standard), 1.12µm, AF - HDR - 1080p@30fps
  • BATTERY. 5124 mAh, Li-Ion, Up to 10 h (multimedia)

Right out of the box I noticed how thin the 5 is and the weight difference compared to my mini 3. Keeping with the side by side I decided to do a timed start up test. Here are my results.

No comments: