Monday, September 23, 2019

More "To-Do" List

It's a beautiful day here in Ocean City, maybe I should have went flying. Instead I decided to finally knock out another item on my "to-do" list.  This project has been hanging over my head since I purchased the Nose Dragger tug from my friends,  Adam and Dave,  back in May 2017. Today I decided it was time to get the tires replaced.  

I cleaned up breakfast and then watched some TV this morning.  Mary and I wanted to catch the season finales from last seasons favorite shows.  So with the last two watched and deleted, along with deleting all the JAG episodes (keeping my top ten favorites) I was ready to head to the airport. 
I packed a bag with some tools and my knee pads. After my baseball days with countless hours behind the plate I need all the help I can get.  I guess a truck and plane accident didn't help those knees much. Ok, being older and fat did not add anything positive to the process either.
I did remove the center hub nut but that didn't need to be touched. Instead the four nuts on each tire holding the split rim to the backing plate did the trick.
I made my way to the local lawnmower repair shop but they said they no longer did tires. They could send them out but suggested I run them over to the place they would use, Wainwrights in Berlin MD

No comments: